Sunday, July 17, 2022

Alzheimers a problem?

Plan, plan--who, me?

Ok, so I have this problem.  Doc says it's Alzheimers, and, having read just a bit (well, everything I could find on the subject), I totally agree with the Doc,  That's just what it is.  
So, on sitting around for a number of months, getting little done (darn near nothing,) I am going to try to do just a bit to change all this.  Question is:  What to do?  And, how to do it? 

What to do is pretty simple.  I need to develop a plan for the rest of my life, regardless of how much, or how little time that may be.  That's what this is all about, and my hopes are that I will benefit and also that others who find themselves in my situation might benefit too.  So--where to go from here?  (Pretty obvious, right?  How about that part two, "how to do it?")  Much easier to ask the question than to come up with the answer here.

OK, so here goes.

    How about a list:

1)  The first thing is that list.  Start with "1" and continue (so, there is my "1.")

2)  Now for the questions:  Where am I today?  Well, with Alzheimers, I'm a bit bewildered.  This is something I would like to do, but can I?  (Assume "yes.") (May need quite a few "assumptions" here.)

3)  Of course, as we say, the Devil's in the details.  Devil time, I'd say!

4)  List continues with, well. what do I do now?  (I really don't know.)

Maybe this is what Alzheiners is all about.  Memory is gone.  If not gone, it is highly attenuated to the point of having difficulties doing what we really want to do.  Like writing a list, for instance.  If you don't believe me now, go back to the beginning of this short article and reread it.  Go ahead--do it now!

Charlie Brown said it best:  Good grief!

Any questions?

Comments?






  

1 comment:

  1. And as for the rest of my life, well I guess there is still room for a bit of improvement. Like, maybe I might just enjoy taking a fishing trip from time to time. Going to the beach would be OK, too. Walking the dog is my job too. Still intend to do a bit of writing (the blog will continue until someone tells me it really isn't what anyone might be interested in anymore.) And maybe another book? Well, I've already a plan on what that will be about. Now the thing is just to DO IT!

    ReplyDelete