Friday, September 23, 2022

Trees, Birds, and Feeders!

 Well, this is interesting.  Usually when I would write, I would do so on a word document.  HOWEVER, it seems my word does not exactly work. Seems this "new" computer came with a limited version of the da** word thing, so, will try this "note pad" and then see if it transfers to my Blogger satisfactorily.  If it does, Microsoft can take their "Word" and stick it where the sun don't shine!


Sitting on my couch, looking out my livingroom window, I see three bird feeders.  One is where I place grain feeds, and I get those birds that like that the most.  Next to that is the pine tree (which was fairly small, like 6" in diameter, when my family moved in, but now is about two feet in diameter at my eye height.)  A pretty good pine, I'd say, and it covers about a quarter of my front roof with its droppings, adding to the insulation we have in our attic.  Pretty good.  I suspect if I had about 6 more like it spaced properly around my house, I just might have a much cooler attic in the summer, and a much warmer one in the winter.  And my shingles might last a lot longer for the pine's assistance.  No biggie, though.  What I do have on that pine is a suet dispenser (on its nearest side) that brings in woodpeckers like crazy (which I like to watch!) And finally, hanging under my front roof's overhang, is a hummingbird feeder, a feeder which is usually surrounded by the little things awaiting their turn to take a sip.  None today, though, until just now.  One did drop by, I'm guessing an out of town visitor on its way South, which, I think is where those who counted on getting their daily nourishment drinks or quite a few, that is, through the course of the day, and which used to be virtually lined up for their chance.  None, though, other than that one, for the last couple of days.  Guess the locals all began their annual trip South.

That being the case, will see them again in about 6 months.  Hope they all find safe passage with the larger birds across our Gulf of Mexico!

And that one that dropped by didn't stay long.

Hope he makes it too!


1 comment: